This policy sets how Toowong Central Project Pty Ltd ATF Toowong Central Project Sub Trust ABN 26 727 035 703 and its related companies and trusts (we, us, our) collects, uses, discloses and manages your personal information and how we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”, “The Act”).
- What is your Personal Information?
- Our Obligations
We are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act. The APPs regulate the manner in which personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, security, accessibility and disposal.
- What Personal Information do we Collect?
- 1 The information we collect about you depends on the type of dealings you have with us, we may collect the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, gender and contact details including your, physical address, email address and telephone number;
- Details of products and services that we have supplied to you, or you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Information about you and your family and any characteristics, preferences or requirements that are relevant to the products and services that we may provide to you;
- What prompted you to inspect the project, how you heard about us, details of price points and apartment types you are interested and whether you are seeking a property to owner-occupy, lease or invest in; and
- 2 Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is generally afforded a higher level of privacy protection, such as health information. We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either:
- 2.1 The individual has consented; or
- 2.2 We are required or authorised by law to do so. For example, if you purchase a property from us, we will collection information pertaining to your residency status, which may indicate racial or ethnic origin.
- 3 Cookies
- How is your personal information collected?
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- In person;
- Through your access and use of our website;
- Through your participation in a survey, questionnaire, customer loyalty program, competitions, and promotions run by or on behalf us;
- Through our Facebook or Instagram page;
- When you make an enquiry;
- Through written correspondence;
- During conversations between you and our sales representatives; and
- Through surveillance cameras.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including but not limited to, marketing agencies, mortgage brokers, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
- 1.We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about us and our products and services (including promotions, special offers and events), either where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. We may contact you for the purpose in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS, telephone and fax. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will try to use that method wherever practical to do so.
- 2 In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using any opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. If you opt-out using the opt-out details specified in a marketing communication, we will ensure that your name is removed from the mailing list we used to send you that particular communication.
- To Whom do We Disclose Personal Information?
Parties to whom we may disclose relevant personal information include:
- Land vendors;
- Valuers where we are seeking to value a property or lease;
- Real estate agents;
- Marketing and communications agencies;
- Conveyancers and solicitors;
- Builders and property developers;
- Suppliers of fixtures and fittings;
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission;
- Referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants;
- Mortgage brokers, financial planners and banks;
- Lenders’ mortgage insurers, credit reporting agencies, guarantors;
- Financial institutions for payment processing;
- An individuals’ agent;
- Owners’ Corporation Managers and managing/letting agents;
- Our contracted services providers, including
- Suppliers of building material and fittings;
- IT systems administrators;
- Mailing houses;
- Payment processors;
- Data service entry providers;
- Debt collectors;
- Call centres;
- External business advisors
- Do we disclose your personal information overseas?
We may be required to disclose personal information to third parties located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
- Access to and correction of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and relevant. If you believe that we hold incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant information about you, please notify us and we will try to update the information as soon as possible. You may access your information held by us (subject to some exceptions allowed by law) without charge. If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please contact our office by post at GPO Box 2030 Brisbane Qld 4001.
- Security of Information
No employee is able to access information they do not require for their duties. There are passwords in place to restrict access to confidential and personal information to those who need it to perform their duties.
- Queries, concerns, complaints?
Providing a great customer experience is important to us. If you have any concerns or believe that we have breached your privacy rights, please contact our office by telephone on 0438 809 705 or by email at email@example.com. If we do not answer your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you have the right to make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner, at www.privacy.gov.au or on 1300 363 992.